Job Opening: Packaging Engineer
Sport Truck USA is a leading manufacturer and wholesale supplier of aftermarket suspension products and 4×4 accessories. These products are developed and sold through 5 divisions – BDS Suspension, Zone Offroad, JKS Mfg, RT Pro, and 4×4 Posi-Lok. Sport Truck USA is an wholly owned subsidiary of FOX Factory and operates out of Coldwater, MI. Our company goal is to provide the highest quality products with the best customer service in the industry.
Analyze, improve, and maintain product packaging and assembly processes. Develop innovative packaging solutions and product assembly methods.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Develops, evaluates, and enhances packaging and product assembly methods
- Functionally work alongside packaging supervisor(s) and quality technicians to ensure product packaging and assembly process are operating efficiently
- Conduct research, documenting information and presenting improvement suggestions for approval and implementation
- Optimize packaging process flow
- Evaluate and improve material handling processes
- Continuous improvement of product packaging, including but not limited to: Box design, dunnage requirements
- Take active role in new product launch process/first build
- Maintain/improve weight scale system
- Maintain/improve product assembly area
- Maintain UPC system
- Comply with all local, state and federal laws and compliance
- Engineering degree is a must – 1 to 3 years of experience in an engineering role is a plus.
- Ability to read engineering prints.
- Mechanical skills; understand automotive parts and how things fit together, quality
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent leadership skills and promote teamwork.
- Must be able to follow deadlines and work under pressure.
- Communication skills a must.
- Ability to see the big picture while focusing on the process and procedures necessary to produce deliverables.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- Ability to meet and establish deadlines.
- Flexibility and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Intermediate to advanced applications software expertise (Excel).
Apply in person at 491 W Garfield Ave in Coldwater or email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure not to title your email as resume as it will get blocked by our spam blocker. Instead title the email with the open job position.
We look forward to hearing from you!