Job Opening: R&D Shop Technician
Sport Truck USA is a leading manufacturer and wholesale supplier of aftermarket suspension products and 4x4 accessories. These products are developed and sold through 5 divisions – BDS Suspension, Zone Offroad, JKS Mfg, RT Pro, and 4x4 Posi-Lok. Sport Truck USA is an wholly owned subsidiary of FOX Factory and operates out of Coldwater, MI. Our company goal is to provide the highest quality products with the best customer service in the industry.
R&D Technician, a full-time position, located in Coldwater, MI. Assist engineers in the development of new suspension lift systems and accessories for light trucks, Jeeps and SUVs. Complete installations of prototype and production products. Work with the engineers on the fabrication and assembly of prototype components. Lead in the maintenance and continuous improvement of an organized shop environment. Be responsible for all company vehicle maintenance and repair. Perform specialty production product assembly tasks. Applicant best fit for the position will be a self starter and self motivated. They will have a good understanding of automotive mechanics and repair as well as metal fabrication skills.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Good understanding of automotive mechanics and service procedures - specifically chassis, steering, suspension, and brakes. Automotive shop experience a plus
- Experience with metal fabrication and machining equipment
- MIG welding experience, TIG welding experience a plus
- Be able to work effectively in a group or individually to meet project requirements and deadlines. Work effectively with minimal supervision or guidance
- Good verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and thorough completion of tasks assigned with a professional attitude
- Capable of managing multiple projects given by engineers and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- High school diploma
- Vocational Certificate or above preferred but not required
- Work experience within the automotive service/parts or comparable industry
- Knowledge of/interest in off-roading and lifted trucks, SUVs and Jeeps a plus
- Hourly pay based on experience
- 40 hrs/week
- Full benefit package (PTO, 401K, Health Insurance)
Apply in person at 491 W Garfield Ave in Coldwater or email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Be sure not to title your email as resume as it will get blocked by our spam blocker. Instead title the email with the open job position.
We look forward to hearing from you!